Our lady of Angels has a vibrant baseball/T-ball program that supported 45 athletes ages 4-10 in the 2016-2017 school year. It provided a faith based program ensuring the children not only developed skills of the game but grew within God’s principles and concentrated on sportsmanship. Our baseball program was supported by 13 volunteers who are cleared by the Harrisburg Diocese to participate in coaching activities and vetted by the Athletic Association. We provide home game concessions to offset the family registration costs and hold multiple fundraisers during the year to increase family participation in the program. During this school year we would like to say a special thanks to Columbia Fire #80 who provided a generous donation in support of the program.
Our Lady of the Angels Athletic Association FAQ
1. What is the Our Lady of the Angels Athletic Association?
The Athletic Association exists to:
- Administer the Our Lady of the Angels athletic programs.
- Teach Catholic values, sportsmanship, comradeship, self-reliance and the fundamentals of the various sports activities to all participants.
- Assure that all candidates for participation are granted the right of enrollment on a team.
The Association is a committee of the School Board
2. What are the responsibilities of the Athletic Association?
The Athletic Association secures coachers and oversees the finances various sports programs offered at our Lady of the Angels.
3. When does the athletic Association meet?
The Association meets on the third Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m..
4. Who are members of the Athletic Association?
Parents or guardians who have children actively involved in a sports program are members of the Association.
5. How do you become an officer of the Athletic Association?
The Athletic Association publicizes the openings for officers each year. Nominations are accepted and voting takes place at a regularly scheduled meeting.