The Catholic Church and this Catholic School recognize parents as the primary educators of their children and that the education of students is a partnership between parents and the school. The students’ interest in receiving a quality, morally based education can be served if students, parents and school officials work together. Our school is committed to providing an environment that educates, nurtures, and supports students according to the basic Christian principles of charity and love of neighbor. Everyone involved in the development of children and youth— parents/guardians, teachers, administrators, family and friends—is expected to behave in accordance with these principles.
It shall be an express condition of enrollment that the students behave in a manner, both on and off campus, that is consistent with the Christian principles of the school. These principles include, but are not limited to, the policies, principles or procedures set forth in our school’s handbooks.
It shall also be expected that the parents/guardians of a student follow the standards of conduct that are consistent with the Christian principles of the school. These principles include, but are not limited to the policies, principles or procedures set forth in our school’s handbooks.
Our codes of conduct for members of our school community were developed to promote a learning environment based on reverence, respect, discipline, responsibility and excellence. As a partnership, we all need to understand the importance of a good working relationship.
In most cases, differences can be resolved. In some rare instances, however, if, in the opinion of the administration, the partnership is irretrievably broken because of the severe nature of the conduct, the school reserves the right to disenroll a family.
The purpose of this policy then is to provide a reminder to all members of the community of the expected conduct, so that we may continue to thrive, progress and achieve in an atmosphere of mutual understanding and respect.
Our Christian principles provide that all members of our school community:
- Work courteously and cooperatively with the school to assist the student in meeting the school’s academic, moral, and behavioral expectations
- Communicate and respectfully express concerns about the school operation and its personnel in a constructive and Christian manner within an appropriate setting
In order to support a Christian and safe school environment, the following behaviors are inconsistent with the Christian principles of the school and, therefore, are unacceptable:
- Physically or verbally intimidating a member of the school community
- Defamatory, offensive or derogatory comments regarding the school or any of the students/parent/staff at the school on any social media sites (Any concerns are to be addressed through the appropriate channels)
- Abusive and/ or threatening electronic, written or verbal communication
- Disruptive behavior which interferes or threatens to interfere with the operation of the classroom, office, or any other area of the school property