Meeting began 6PM
President, Tina Grove, reviewed the following:
– Budget, responded to some parent clarification questions
– Passed around photos of the new playground equipment!
– Drive in movie night is 10/7 from 8 – 10PM and we’ll be watching the new Jungle Book!
– Reviewed the profits made from the last two dine out nights:
- Union Station @ $212.26 &
- Friendly’s @ $148.60
Past & Upcoming Fundraisers:
28 Opt Outs, 4 At Pickup (exceptions made for new families who were not aware/did not have parent square)
Total profit so far is recorded in budget
We estimate we will raise $9984 from this one fundraiser.
Decided we would have the candy bar fundraiser start in October for the 2017-2018 school year due to the following concerns:
- The first fundraiser of the year makes things too overwhelming as we are just beginning a new school year and there is a lot going on already.
- May be better around Halloween!
- ACTION items were reviewed
- Sign up was placed on parent square for volunteers to set up /run /tear down H&S stands
- Noted we should have a chair and start planning in January for next year’s 2nd Annual Craft Fair
ACTION – recruit Chair for 2017-2018, 2nd Annual
Tupperware Sale (Anna Boyle, OLA grandmother – coordinating and coordinates with Craft Fair) 40% from flyer @ school & 10% from profits made at craft fair
Pie Sale – 9/16 – 10/7
Equal Exchange Catalog fundraiser – 9/23 – 10/14
ACTION Wondering about Corbi’s and need to see if Sue Wickenheiser is going to chair this fundraiser?
Reminder that the Family Picnic is Sunday, 9/25 from 1-3 at Fairview Park! As of the parent meeting we had 136 RSVPs!!
– Come one, come all for games, prizes, hotdogs, face painting and good old fashioned fellowship with your school family!
Noted we got some back to school goodies for the teachers: candy bars and stocked up their sodas.
Mandee Havrilla noted that planning has commenced for the 1st Annual GALA – planning meeting set for 9/28 @ 6PM at the school + + VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED TO MAKE THIS EVENT A SUCCESS! SEE YOU on 9/28! + +
Meeting agenda contained these future affairs items to note:
- DDD coupon book fundraiser starts 10/3
- Trunk or Treat is 10/14/16
- Family Bingo is 11/4/16
- Christmas shoppes 12/8 & 12/9/2016
Meeting adjourned 7:15PM